Voice Of God Recordings - Because He Said So - Part 10:
The last page of the newsletter "Because He Said So" published by Voice of God Recordings is the most disturbing. It can be said that the middle section is attempting to offer a defense of the materials they publish, even if it gives no answers. And without answering the many questions, the first section is required to set the boundaries of WHY no answers will be given. Both sections make the claim that the Bible has error, and therefore we should ignore the error in William Branham's ministry.
The last section does not appear to be written to those who still believe in the cult, however. It is written to those who have discovered the many issues, and are now seeking out their own salvation with fear and trembling. But rather than offering a plea for their return to the sheepfold, they offer what many felt was a rebuke and an insult to any who follow the Bible's instructions to test a prophet. And Voice of God Recordings is not asking that you ignore one single passage of scripture follow William Branham. There are seven tests listed in the Bible that we are to use when testing a prophet -- even a prophet of God. How do we know that a human being is a prophet of God? By putting him through the tests that the Bible require:
1) The "Word Test": "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them." - Isaiah 1:20
If their prophecies do not agree with Scripture, it was not a prophecy from God. While Voice of God Recordings asks you to ignore contradictions, God asks you to ignore prophets who contradict the Scriptures.
2) The "Truth Test": "I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness. v.16, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, [and] not out of the mouth of the LORD." - Jeremiah 23:14
This passage of scripture compares a lying prophet with an adulterous one -- and both are an abomination before Almighty God. While Voice of God Recordings asks you to ignore lies of a prophet, God asks you to ignore prophets who lie.
True prophets will reprove other prophet's sins, rather than conspire to support one-another's claims.
3) The "Success Test": "The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, [then] shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him." - Jeremiah 28:9
True prophet's predictions must come to pass, ALL of them. While Voice of God Recordings ask you to ignore prophecies that did not come to pass, God asks you to ignore prophets whose prophecies do not succeed.
4) The "Fruit Test": "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. ... Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. ...Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." - Matthew 7:15
We are not only to examine the prophets, we are to examine the fruits of his ministry. While Voice of God Recordings asks you to ignore the corruption that has been exposed by many of the research websites, God tells us that a corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit.
5) The "Confession of Faith Test": 1 Jn. 4:2. "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:" (See also Hebrews 4:15. Jesus "was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.") - 1 John 4:2
A true prophet of God will confess that Jesus came in our "fallen" human flesh, tempted in every single point, and yet without sin. When Branham claimed that "Christ died a sinner. (55-0227A), Voice of God recordings asks that you ignore this statement. God asks that you ignore this prophet.
6) The "Voice of God Test": "For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me." - Daniel 10:17
True prophets are mouthpieces for God. It is not their own breath or their own strength that create prophecy -- God gives them the voice and the strength. There is no need for a true prophet of God to change a prophecy; God has spoken. While Voice of God Recordings asks you to believe that William Branham can invent prophecies based on World's Fairs, newspaper advertisements, television and more, God tells us that men who do this are not servants of the Lord.
7) The "Focus Test": "John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me." - John 1:15
A true prophet of God will not collect followers. They will point to Jesus Christ, and ask you to follow Christ. They will not tell you that they are leaders, judges, or any stature of importance. The will not proclaim visions "beyond the curtain of time" where there are "Branham's people" and "Paul's people," they will ask you to join "Christ's people."
The entire last portion of this newsletter is asking you to ignore all of these tests, but specifically the seventh test. They ask you to focus on William Branham, and mock those who do not. They ignore all of the scriptural tests that God requires of a prophet, and to instead use their tests: Did he hunt? Did he heal? Did he have signs and wonders? Did he rebuke religion? Did he rebuke women for their paint?
None of the tests that Voice of God recordings require of us are scriptural tests of a prophet of God. And they are not tests that focus on the salvation of the individual or the focus on Jesus Christ. Each of these tests are to compare whether or not William Branham appeared to have the same personality and ministry that they claim Elijah had in the days of the Old Testament -- ignoring the fact that Elijah did not lie, did not false prophesy, and did not have false doctrine.
At the end of the statement, after telling us to use THEIR tests instead of the scriptural tests, they ask those they label skeptic, unbeliever, and impatient, "Which one does the Word say to believe?"
We'd like to answer this question for them. The Word says to believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of the Almighty God, who lived the perfect, spotless life, died for the sins that we committed, was buried and rose again. The Word says to believe in Jesus Christ, who was the Word in the Beginning, with God, and in Whom can be no lie. The Word says to believe in the Word itself, and to test the prophets.
We cannot speak for all other websites that research William Branham. But we can assure you that
are following the One that the Word says we are to believe.
Voice of God Recordings, Catch The Vision Update, 2012 Volume 2, "Because He Said So"