Read more: www.seekyethetruth.com/resources-basics-1933prophecies.aspx
Around 1951, William Branham started claiming to have had a series of prophecies in 1933. From events in the World War to the rise in technology to the complete destruction of the United States, some of these prophesies were proclaimed as the coming future for mankind while others were abandoned by Branham in the latter part of his ministry.
As a follower of William Branham you are asked to believe in a partial list of these prophecies, which consist of the following:
Towards the end of his ministry, two additional prophecies were added to this list, both of which are required by the followers of William Branham. Branham claimed that in this same series of visions, he saw the Pope leaving Rome, and the Protestant churches abandoning their belief systems to join into Catholicism. Also, he claimed to have seen women reducing the amount of clothing they wore to nothing more than a fig leaf, and pointed out that the fig leaf garments were already displayed in Life magazine.
Additionally, Branham appended another two prophecies, claiming that they were also given to him in 1933, and thankfully these added prophecies are not required in his following. Branham claimed to have given a warning from the Lord to avoid eating eggs, and another prophecy as warning against living in valleys. Branham himself did not participate in these warnings that he claimed to have received from God, eating eggs frequently and living in the Ohio River valley for the majority of his life.
Many of his followers also believed these prophecies would all come to pass by the end of 1977, based on a prediction he made in 1963. Since then, all references to the year 1977 are ignored by the followers of William Branham.
Although William Branham himself claimed to have had only six (or seven) prophecies, if we combine all of the accounts of these prophecies he claimed had been given to him by God in the year 1933, and separate them by internal conflicts, we end up with a much larger list:
1. Roosevelt (later changed to Hitler) would take America into a second world war (read more)
2. Mussolini would invade Ethiopia and that would be his last invasion (read more)
3. The Maginot or Siegfried Line would be built
4. Cars will become shaped like an egg (later changed to automatic guidance systems) (read more)
5. The United States would be ruled by a woman (later changed to President Kennedy and the Catholic Church) (read more)
6. A progression of decay in the morality of women
7. The United States would be smoldering and burning
1. Roosevelt would take America into a second world war
Branham claimed that these prophecies were written in the flyleaf of his Bible in some of his sermons, while in others he said that they were in a notebook in his desk drawer. Towards the end of his minisry, these claims changed to an account that he buried the paper containing the description of these prophecies in the cornerstone of the Branham Tabernacle in Jeffersonville. This cornerstone was purportedly placed in the year 1933, so the tale is plausible, and some followers accept this statement. In other instances of his retelling of these prophecies, however, Branham specifically claimed to be reading from the original piece of paper, pronouncing and spelling the words as though he were having difficulty in reading his own handwriting. But in fact, that the deed to the Tabernacle was not issued until years later, and the newspapers describe William Branham preaching from tents in 1933. Branham himself claimed to have been pastoring from a Masonic Temple during this time, and when combined with the 1936 deed, there are several discrepancies.
Those familiar with Mormon apologetics will recognize this strategy. As the Mormon faith cannot produce the Word from the Lord that Joseph Smith claimed were inscribed on the metallic plates, the following of William Branham cannot produce the original copy or copies of the written Word from God to William Branham. - See more at: www.seekyethetruth.com/resources-basics-1933prophecies.aspx#sthash.QQL26NbO.dpuf
2. Hitler would take America into a second world war
3. Mussolini would invade Ethiopia and that would be his last invasion
4. The Maginot would be built
5. The Siegfried Line would be built
6. Cars will become shaped like an egg
7. Cars will have automatic guidance systems
8. The United States would be ruled by a woman
9. The United States would be ruled by the Catholic Church
10. The United States would be ruled by president Kennedy, whose wife was the "Jezebel" for this "age."
11. Women will wear fig leafs
12. United States would be destroyed
13. Do not eat eggs
14. Do not live in valleys